Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunny Sunny Sunday

Today was a lovely lovely day. I had the opportunity to go to church ( The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) and listen to several veterans who have given so much to our country. One of them being my brother in law Corbin. He serves as a United States Marine, and all of the men who spoke have an infinate love for their country and it was truly moving. I think some times in the hype of daily life we forget. There are men and women... Mothers, sisters, aunts, brothers, fathers, uncles all fighting for our freedom. I am so incredibly thankful for them.

Anyways that was the beginning to my awesome day. I then hurried from Corbin's church to ours to serve in my calling as a nursery leader ( a position in which one watches over children ages 1-4 and helps nurture and love and teach them while their parents attend Sunday school.) Kids are incredible. I think they are so overlooked or forgotten now a days but it is truly a joy to me to be with these group of children for two hours a week. I love them all so much, and love to watch them grow.

My excellent day ended in an excellent way. With family. We went over to our aunts house ( on Luke's side) and got to visit with cousins and ended up playing volleyball for hours on end. Just a small disclaimer.... Volleyball is not my strong suite in life. I LOVE playing but I am not the best.. Just being honest here ;) Anyways all of the cousins and even at one point our grandma came and played. We laughed and teased each other for nearly four hours, and I loved every minute of it. I am so thankful today for three major things..

1. The liberty and freedom that we bestow being citizens of the United States of America.

2. Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

3. Having a family that loves each other. A family that I can be together forever with. A family that no matter pur differences, similarities, strengths, or weaknesses, I will ALWays be able to call mine.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful sunny Sunday !!!!




Xoxo 
Minderella

No comments:

Post a Comment