Monday, June 30, 2014

28 Days



Isn't finishing goals the best thing?! Cystic fibrosis creates the perfect environment for infections with thick sticky mucus that is hard to get rid of so .. Almost every CF patient, almost all of the time has some sort of infection. Thankfully we have been blessed by the wonderful research that has been done over many years and have great medicine to help at least keep the infections for the most part at bay. 

About a month ago I started feeling the infections a lot. I was more tired, fatigued and woke up every day with mucus so thick I could scarcely swallow. Anyways... There is a wonderful medicine called Cayston (Azronam) that is a three times a day fast nebulized heavy antibiotic. It is taken after vest treatments and all other nebulized antibiotics and mucalitics (mucus thinners) for 28 days. In the past I have had a hard time having the motivation to do 3 treatments a day for that long of a time. However this time I set a goal and knew that to feel better I needed to stick to it!!!

On Saturday I finished this round of antibiotics almost without any misses and I feel so.much.better. I am so thankful for the wonderful modern medicine we have been given it is such a blessing. Every day they are getting closer and closer to a cure for Cystic Fibrosis. One day... CF will stand for "Cure Found." For that day I cannot wait and it will be such a miracle for not only myself and fellow CFers but for our families, doctors, researchers and all of those who have dedicated their lives to the cause.

To many more goals finished and CF being one day cured !!!



Xoxo
Minds


1 comment:

  1. You amaze me daily, Always have, always will! xoxox I L Y P I

    ReplyDelete