Thursday, July 17, 2014

Melissa and Emily


This is a song Melissa and Emily Wrote called Neverland

Guys today I am talking about two of the very best most supportive people in this world. My sisters. The real ones. As you get to know me more you find me calling a lot of people my sisters or "Cysters" (The girls who have Cystic Fibrosis that I have a sister like bond with.) Today however I am going to tell you about my amazing real live sisters Melissa and Emily.

These are two of the purest hearted girls you will ever meet, and I have never met anyone who has felt differently.

First since she is older let me tell you about Melissa:

When we were little.. holy cow my mom couldn't stop us from fighting, OR being mischievous together. It was either one or the other. I am laughing right now thinking about it. When we were little our rooms were right next door to each other, and every night when my parents would close their door we would sneak into each others rooms and play "night games" or some sort with each other. We defiantly thought we were being sneaky, but my mom would always holler "go to bed!!!" Haha we were naughty. As we grew older into the teenage years I cant even recall more than to or three fights and those were just because we were grumpy that day. We were and are to this day Best. Friends. I love my sister so much. She is super talented at all that she does. One of her favorite things is thrift shopping with my  mom. I don't know how they do it but every single time they go they find amazing clothes. I'm talking name brand worn once and or never before clothes for less than $5.00. Meliss can pull off ANY style. she will wear rain boots with just about anything. (even to my wedding). She is also a very talented artist. Holy cow.. throughout my life I have attempted to be good at art. My dad is a painter so I always tried when he would draw or paint something amazing, but lets just say God gave me other talents ;) Melissa however.. unreal. The girl could sell her paintings and sketches for hundreds of dollars. She is also has a beautiful voice. Again.. I tried singing lessons... not my forte in life. She however has performed in front of thousands of people, and has some mad vocal skills. On top of all this she is an AMAZING sister. She and I would always laugh together when we were growing up. We wore crazy outfits, had dance parties, and I even broke her bed once because we were rough housing. I could not have asked for a better friend, and sweet spirit. She is currently serving a mission right now for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Told you she was amazing.... I am so incredibly lucky to have her support me through everything. All of the times I went to the hospital and she didn't have a mom for weeks at a time because she was taking care of me. All the times she supported my school events... I could go on forever, and I feel so incredibly blessed to have her in my life for eternity.


We did a photo shoot together one day in Daybreak right by the temple and they turned out beautiful.

This was after we did the dirty dash together. yes we wrestled and threw mud at each other. (hence the mud in my eye) 



This was before church on Christmas one year. 


This one..... explains us to a T. Always up to something crazy and silly.



This was taken as we were driving up to Bear Lake for the day. Have you had their Raspberry Shakes? If not you are dead to me.





I love my sissy!!!


Next up is Emily:
Emily is literally an angel sent from heaven. The girl never says or does anything mean. EVER. she is also incredibly talented. She plays the violin, and the piano. To top it off she sings well too. Emily is an amazing artist. when she was thirteen she was drawing (incredibly accurately) paintings that were seen on Disney movies such as "Tangled", "Up" and many more. You should see her artwork. Emily is brilliant. When she was little Melissa and I being the hooligans we were would try to trick her.. she NEVER bought into any of our trickery even when she was little little. She is just smart. This year she just finished ninth grade and passed an AP test. AP people!!!! So smart. She is so good at everything she does, but I think the thing that you will find the best about her is her kindness. She will sit with people at lunch who don't have friends. She never gossips, and if someone is mean to her she is instantly forgiving. I wish that I could be more like her. ( I have a temper of sorts.) I am so thankful for my littlest sister. She is growing up into such a beautiful young woman and she turns 16 in a few months!! Holy cow!! my very own baby sister will be on the roads soon, and dating boys. (She all ready has a million after her by the way) She is amazing in every way!! Oh and did I mention that at the age of fourteen she decided to train for a half marathon and run one. so she did??? AND that she medalled in swimming her very first year as a freshman in high school?? I'm telling you this girl..... has every quality that anyone would ever desire. I love my Emmy girl.


Growing up we had a couch on our front porch and this is one time I broke my legs and she hung out with me a lot. Bless her heart.

I used to play the Harp, and it was so much fun at Christmas time to be able to play duets together. I truly believe that where words fail, music speaks.
This is all three of us before a dance Melissa was going to. Arent they stunning??

So.. I dont know how this happened but all three of us LOVE laying on the floor. Sleeping on it. Lounging on it. Taking naps on it. so this is how we hang out... this particular time all three of us were snuggled up by the fire together.
This was a really cool time. We are so blessed to have so many temples so close to us. We were so blessed to participate in the "Steeple Chase" where we ran from the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to the Jordan River Temple. It was awesome to do with my sissies.

I have the best sisters. Rose (The only blond one here is our aunt who is only three years older than I am. She grew up pretty much at our house so she counts as a sister too, but that is a story for a different day.) I am so so lucky to have such great and supportive sisters who are so selfless and kind. I hope that you all have the opportunity to share a great relationship with loved ones in your life.

XOXO
Minderella



No comments:

Post a Comment